You can keep this page open for reference while creating your Special Offer in a new browser tab. Click the button below then come back to these instructions when you need to:New Event
Add Your Data and Metadata
- After creating a Title and any basic text describing your event, feel free to play with any of the other built-in WordPress “boxes” for embedding things like images, video, links to other sites (e.g. for payments and bookings) by clicking the blue “+” icon in the top left of the screen.
- Select a venue from the drop-down list, and if yours isn’t shown, you can request a new one by clicking on the email icon at the bottom of this page. Please include the name, address, and longitude/latitude of the venue (click here for a quick way to find out your longitude and latitude).
- Set a Start Date and Time. The date format is YYYY-MM-DD to avoid any confusion around UK versus US date formats.
- Set an End Date and Time. Important – this field does not automatically update, so as you can see in the image above you’ll end up with a Start Date that’s after the End Date if you miss out this step!
- Click the settings “cog” icon in the top right of the screen if the Event settings panel isn’t already visible.
- Click the “Categories” caret (up/down arrow) if the Categories box isn’t already visible then choose an appropriate Event Category. If you don’t see a Category that fits, please contact us using the email icon at the bottom of this page and ask us to add a category for your Event. If you can include the “edit link” in your email that would be super helpful too (see “Almost Done!” below).
- Click the “Tags” caret (up/down arrow) if the Tags box isn’t already visible and add search tags that are relevant to your Event, either by typing new ones separated by a comma or by clicking on one of the “Most Used” tags displayed.
- Click the “Featured Image” caret (up/down arrow) if the Featured Image box isn’t already visible then click on the (empty) “Featured Image” box. This will take you to the Media Library where you can upload a new image or select an existing one. The Featured Image is the thumbnail which will be displayed on the main Events page.
- Go back up to the top (right) of the page and click the “Publish” button.
- Before clicking finally on the “Submit for Review” button…
- We strongly recommend you copy and save the “edit link” shown in the main browser address bar. You can use this to come back and update (or remove) your Special Offer whenever you like in future.